Title: Crystal Phase & Defect Regulation of Two-dimensional Materials
Lecturer: Prof. Ping Xu
Time: 15:30, July 4th (Tuesday), 2017
Venue: 718 Lecture Hall, Library, East Campus
All teachers and students are welcome.
About the lecturer: Xu, Professor of School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering at Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT), received his Ph.D. in Engineering from HIT in Jan. 2010, and was awarded the title of Top Young Professor under Top Young Talents Support Program. He was aided by Director’s Postdoctoral Fellow, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Department of Energy, USA, form Jan. 2012 to Aug. 2013. He is mainly engaged in molecular spectrum and molecular catalysis research. He published more than 40 SCI papers in Chem. Soc. Rev., Adv. Mater., J. Am. Chem. Soc., Adv. Funct. Mater. and J. Photochem. Photobio. C. He is a member of the Editorial Advisory Committee, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces (IF 7.145), American Chemical Society.
About the lecture: Two-dimensional materials (Graphene, MX2, h-BN, g-C3N4, etc.) have broad application prospects in the fields of optics, electron devices, electrochemistry, and Raman enhancement. Crystal phase and defect regulation has remarkable influence on the properties of materials. This report mainly involves the controllable synthesis of two-dimensional materials, such as, MoX2 (X=S, Se) and ReS2 as well as their applications in electro-catalysis, Raman enhancement, and surface plasmon induced catalysis.
1. Hu, C.; Wang, X. J.;Xu, P. Origin of the Ultrafast Response of the Lateral Photovoltaic Effect in Amorphous MoS2/Si Junctions.ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces2017, 9 (21), 8362–18368.
2. Yin, Y.; Zhang, Y.M.;Xu, P.Synergistic Phase and Disorder Engineering in 1T-MoSe2Nanosheets for Enhanced Hydrogen Evolution Reaction.Adv. Mater.2017, DOI: 10.1002/adma.201700311.
3. Yin,Y.; Miao, P.;Xu, P. Significantly Increased Raman Enhancement on MoX2(X=S, Se) Monolayers upon Phase Transition.Adv. Funct. Mater.2017, 27, 1606694.
4. Yin, Y.; Han,,J.C.;Xu, P. Contributions of Phase, Sulfur Vacancies, and Edges to the Hydrogen Evolution Reaction Catalytic Activity of Porous Molybdenum Disulfide Nanosheets.J. Am. Chem. Soc.2016, 138 (25), 7965–7972.
5. Zhang, Z.L.;Xu, P.;Yang, X.Z. Surface plasmon-driven photocatalysis in ambient, aqueous and high-vacuum monitored by SERS and TERS.J. Photochem. Photobio. C: Photochem. Rev., 2016, 27, 100-112.
School of Environmental and Chemical Engineering
June 30th, 2017