Lecture: Quantum Chaos, Black Holes and Sachdev-Ye-Kitaev Models
Speaker: Prof. Ye Jinwu
Venue: Meeting Room 404, Building of the School of Science, West Campus,
Date: Friday, June 28, 2019
Prof. Ye Jinwu received his Ph.D. in theoretical physics at Yale University. He is now Professor of Changjiang Scholars at Capital Normal University and a Professor of Mississippi State University. Prof. Ye's main research areas involve strong interactions of electrons, bosons, spins, photons, etc. and quantum or topological phase transition theory. The research also involves super-symmetry breaking, conformal field theory and quantum gravitation duality of various quantum or topological phases. His recent research focuses are as follows:
(1) In various spin-orbit coupling systems, interactions lead to novel quantum and topological phase transitions,
(2) Quantum chaos and quantum information in cavity quantum electrodynamics or Sachdev-Ye-Kitaev model.
This report first gives a review of the research progress of the SYK model, and introduces its application in the fields of quantum gravity, cavity quantum electrodynamics, condensed matter physics and quantum information. Then introduce the research work in this field, which can be found in [1-5].
Although the topic of this report may seem difficult, the report uses teaching methods, and graduate students in physics, condensed matter physics, optical and optical engineering, materials science and materials physics, chemistry, and quantum chemistry could understand.
1. Jinwu Ye, Two indicesSachdev-Ye-Kitaev model, ArXiv：1809.0667,substantially revised version 2 to be put on ArXiv soon
2. Fadi Sun, YuYi-Xiang, Jinwu Ye and WuMing Liu, A new universal ratio in Random MatrixTheory and Random matrices and quantumanalog of Kolmogorov-Arnold-Moser (KAM) theorem in hybrid Type-I and Type-IISachdev-Ye-Kitaev models, ArXiv：1809.07577.
3. Fadi Sun，Yu Yi-Xiang, Jinwu Yeand WuMing Liu, Classifications ofquantum chaos in colored Sachdev-Ye-Kitaev models, arXiv:1903.02213.
4. Fadi Sun andJinwu Ye, Periodic Table of SYK and supersymmetric SYK, arXiv:1905.07694
5. Yu Yi-Xiang,Jinwu Ye and CunLin Zhang, Photon Berryphases, Instantons, Quantum chaos and quantum analog of Kolmogorov-Arnold-Moser(KAM) theorem in the U(1)/Z_2 Dicke models, arXiv:1903.02947
[Translated by Liu Shuai]